Uses of Bayabas:
• Antiseptic, astringent & anthelminthic
• Kills bacteria, fungi and ameba
• Used to treat diarrhea in children
• For Hypertension, diabetes and Asthma
• Promotes menstruation
The fresh leaves are used to facilitate the healing of wounds and cuts. A decoction or infusion of fresh leaves can be used for wound cleaning to prevent infection. Bayabas is also effective for toothaches.
• Boil one cup of Bayabas leaves in three cups of water for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
• To use as mouthwash, gargle.
• To use as wound disinfectant, wash affected areas 2 to 3 times a day.
• For toothaches, chew the leaves in your mouth.
Note: Bayabas can cause constipation when consumed in excess.