Regine Velasquez decides to stay as GMA Kapuso




"I decided to stay in GMA. Mananatili akong Kapuso sa SOP at susunod pang mga programa," she said in a speech before SOP's segment “Constellation of Stars."

Velasquez said she chose to be where she feels she would be happy.

She thanked GMA president, chairman, and chief executive officer Felipe Gozon and other officials of the network for "giving me time to think things over and for not letting go of me."

She also thanked GMA Films president Annette Gozon-Abrogar "for understanding me," her family "for standing by me," sister Cacai "for helping me out"; and boyfriend Ogie Alcasid for supporting her during the days "that I felt I was alone in this inner battle."

Regine said her goodbye to SOP two weeks ago was a really hard thing to do and promised: "I will never do it again." Amita Legaspi, GMANews.TV

Here is the transcript of Regine's speech:

Marami ang nagtanong sa inyo bakit kami nag-iyakan a few weeks back. It is true I wanted to say goodbye to SOP. Hindi lang sa katrabaho kundi sa mga itinuturing kong malalapit na kaibigan at mahalaga po sa puso ko.

Naiyak po ako noon dahil pagkatapos ng maraming taon na pagsasama naming, nahihirapan po akong magpaalam sa kanila.

Why did I want to say goodbye?

Because I wanted to try other venues as a performer and it so happen na ‘yun pong gusto kong gawin na project ay nandun po sa kabilang istasyon.

It is not that I am not happy here with GMA. Hindi po yun ang rason. You've seen me become who I am with this network. Marami po tayong programang pinagsamahan and I am equally grateful to all of you at sa GMA for giving me the opportunity to share what I can do sa inyong lahat.

My relationship with this network goes beyond any binding contract. Everything is bound by mutual trust and respect.

At the time na nagpa-interview po ako sa showbiz talk show sa kabilang istasyon I said I was jobless because I felt I have nothing substantial to do. Hindi dahil sa walang offer ang GMA sa akin.

No comments: